180 East 5th Street, Suite 950
St. Paul, Minnesota 55101
Phone: (651) 297-1857 | Fax: (651) 297-1196
The Minnesota Board of Law Examiners administers the Student Practice Rules. Law students who meet certain criteria may be certified as student lawyers.
See current list of Certified Students under Rules 1 and 2. Students certified under Rule 3 do not appear on this list. Please contact the office if you have questions regarding Rule 3.
Instructions for Requesting Law Student Practice Certification
Certifications expire after 12 months or terminate if one of the following events occurs:
1. Certification is withdrawn by the dean, unit, agency, organization, or supervising lawyer;
2. Certification is terminated by the Board of Law Examiners;
3. The student is placed on academic probation by the law school;
4. The student does not take the first bar exam following his or her graduation (certification terminates on the first day of the exam);
5. The student takes but fails the bar exam (certification terminates upon notice to the dean and the law student of such failure); or
6. The student takes and passes the bar exam and is admitted to the bar.
Law students may be recertified for additional 12-month periods. See Student Practice Rules for details. If recertification is not requested, student names will be removed from the list after 12 months.
Students must be certified or recertified during the time they are a student in law school. Certification or recertification will not be granted if the student has graduated from law school.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some documents require a PDF reader to view properly.