Transfer UBE Score (Rule 7C)
Under Rule 7C, an applicant who has received a scaled score of 260 or higher on the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE) in another UBE jurisdiction may apply for admission to Minnesota without examination.
You must meet the following minimum requirements to apply under Rule 7C:
- Have an NCBE certified UBE score of 260 or higher earned in another UBE jurisdiction
- Submit an application to Minnesota within 36 months of the date of the qualifying examination you are using as the basis for admission
- Have a JD from an ABA-approved law school
- Receive a good character and fitness recommendation from the Minnesota Board of Law Examiners
- Receive an MPRE scaled score of 85 or higher or submit a score at a later date as per Rule 4E
- Meet all other Rule 4 General Requirements for Admission
If you are licensed in another jurisdiction, you must:
- Be in good standing in each jurisdiction where you are licensed to practice law
- Provide required documents from each jurisdiction where you are licensed as required by Rule 4D
See Rule 7C for additional guidance.
To apply you must:
1. Register using the online Minnesota Bar Application Registration form, and
2. Complete and send in a signed Minnesota Bar Application along with proper fees and any supplemental information required by the application.
Click here to begin the application process.
Some documents require a PDF reader to view properly.