Transfer MBE Score (Rule 7B)
Under Rule 7B, an applicant who has received a scaled score of 145 or higher on the Multistate Bar Examination (MBE) in another jurisdiction, and is licensed in that jurisdiction, may apply for admission to Minnesota without examination.
You must meet the following minimum requirements to apply under Rule 7B:
- Submit your application within 36 months of the date of the qualifying examination being used as the basis for admission
- Have an MBE scaled score of 145 or higher on the qualifying examination
- Be admitted in the state or jurisdiction where you took the exam
- Have a JD degree from an ABA-approved law school, or if a practicing attorney, qualify under the non-ABA degree rule
- Be in good standing in each jurisdiction where you are licensed to practice law
- Provide required documents from each jurisdiction where licensed as required by Rule 4D
- Receive a good character and fitness recommendation from the Minnesota Board of Law Examiners
- Receive an MPRE scaled score of 85 or higher or submit a score at a later date as per Rule 4E
- Meet all other Rule 4 General Requirements for Admission. See Rule 7B for additional guidance.
Click here to learn more about the online application process and start your application.
Some documents require a PDF reader to view properly.